123rede.com is a browser hijacker penetrating into all major browsers today, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. Other browsers aren’t an exception and can be affected by it too. In fact, there are many PCs in the world today suffering from this infection in their browsers. Users try to get rid of this hijacker, yet no matter what they do it still comes up in the home page of their browser. This tutorial will help you to remove 123rede.com hijacker in an effective way.
123rede.com infection is bundled today with many other free programs. There are many users today who prefer to deal with free applications only. The problem is that very often such free software is bundled by default with many other extras users don’t really need. Yet, they often fail to notice what exactly they’re going to install into their PCs in addition to the main software of their choice. So, they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, users permit various useless applications to be installed into their systems by default.
123rede.com hijacker has several malicious purposes in mind. One of them is to collect the information about your browsing preferences. Then this information may be transferred to various third parties for illegal goals, mainly related to further adware distribution and installation into PCs. Another goal of this hijacker is to perform the role of some adware program. You may notice that the home page of your browser displays a lot of ads, plus your search queries redirected via 123rede.com may display various sponsored links. Clicking on such ads and links is not recommended, since you may be redirected to various third-party websites which may contaminate your system with all kinds of other useless programs.
To sum up, 123rede.com is not the program you need to keep in your system. The sooner you remove it, the better. For this purpose we strongly recommend you to scan your system with a reliable antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. It will help you find all the infections in your system and to remove them in an effective way. Please carefully follow this guide below explaining all the milestones you need to implement for this purpose. Should you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate 123rede.com automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of 123rede.com.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with 123rede.com are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.