1startpage stands for yet another browser hijacker these days attacking the majority of browsers. Most often this problems occurs with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer. Other browsers might be attacked as well. If you follow this tutorial, however, you will manage to delete 1startpage hijack professionally from your system.
1startpage browser hijacker is actively distributed in the Internet these days together with many other cost-free applications. Thus, if you actively work with these free utilities, you must be very careful when you decide to install them. Do not permit any concealed installations to occur in your system without your consent or permission. Always pay attention to the End User’s License Agreements of all free applications you decide to install, and make sure you choose the option of a custom installation, but surely not the standard one.
1startpage browser hijacker has the only intention in its mind – to bring money for its owners and those who spread it. It will display a lot of ads and sponsored links together with the so-called search results, and when you click on such ads and sponsored links, its owners and distributors get their earning. Hence, this hijacker doesn’t represent any value for you at all when it comes to getting the relevant search results for your queries.
Our advise for you to get rid of 1startpage annoying browser hijacker from your system as soon as you detect its presence in your workstation. To make it possible please carefully refer to the uninstall tips stipulated in this tutorial below. If you require any additional assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify 1startpage hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like 1startpage. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of 1startpage hijacker manually (for free):
1startpage step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling 1startpage hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with 1startpage hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall 1startpage trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on 1startpage with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall 1startpage. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on 1startpage with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after 1startpage removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: