BoBrowser is the adware or PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). It works in the form of a special browser which may be installed into the PC and replace Google Chrome. It will look as Google Chrome too, however, it is a shameless counterfeit copy of it. Plus, this adware will display a lot of advertisements titled as “Ads by BoBrowser” or “By BoBrowser Ads 1.1” in various parts of your screen. This tutorial will help you to get rid of this annoying program and its persistent ads from your computer.
Note that BoBrowser adware may attack practically all major browsers today, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. These ads will appear whenever you go online through this BoBrowser, or through other browsers. It is not recommended that you click on them. Doing so may bring you to a lot of third-party websites which potentially could infect you with many other malicious or unwanted applications.
The purpose of Ads by BoBrowser is to earn profit for those people who stand behind massive distribution of this adware. They plan to make you click on these advertisements, and the more click are made by you, the more income is received by those who stand behind this adware program. On the other hand, this adware will not help you to find what you really need to find online. These ads simply display a lot of absolutely irrelevant content before you.
To sum up, BoBrowser is not the good application for your computer. We recommend you to get rid of this junk software immediately as soon as you identify its presence in your computer. The best way to do it is to scan your system with a reliable antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Please follow this guide below explaining how to implement all the necessary steps for this purpose.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate BoBrowser automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of BoBrowser.
Step 1. Uninstalling BoBrowser from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with BoBrowser are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall BoBrowser adware application from your workstation. To make it possible, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on BoBrowser program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your system as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any components related to this particular adware and other unwanted programs installed on your system.