Ads by ComparingGenie, also titled as “powered by ComparingGenie”, may appear in your screen out of the blue. Then you will truly wonder and start asking yourself a question – how could these ads infiltrate your PC if you don’t remember installing any particular program bearing such name? This is sure a good question which needs to be answered.
First, let us assure you that by following this guide you will find the answer to another important question which might bother you – how to get rid of ComparingGenie Ads from your browser. This program is fairly classified by many security blogs today as adware. Right now it is actively bundled with many other free programs you might decide to download and install into your computer. Whether you want to try some free mp3 player, or convert your PDF document to .docx format – make sure you’re very careful when you install this free software. It is very important that you always switch to the advanced or custom installation mode, i.e. the place where you may uncheck all unwanted extra offers from being installed into the PC by default.
It is surely a regret for us to admit that there are many users today who fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation. Very often they simply click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they often end up bringing a lot of junk applications into their computers.
Soon they will start facing a lot of Ads by ComparingGenie to pop up in their PCs. These ads will appear just everywhere, no matter what particular website you visit. This problem may happen mainly with browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. It is truly very annoying to observe these ads regularly, but another problem is that you may be redirected to all sorts of third-party websites which may contaminate your PC with all kinds of junk applications.
We recommend you to scan your system with a reliable antispyware program called GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is powerful enough to identify this adware infection in your PC. The very malware removal can be done effectively with the full registered version of Trojan Killer. Finally, you will need to reset your browser with its help. We’ve described all these steps below. In case you require more help, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate ComparingGenie automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of ComparingGenie.
Step 1. Uninstalling ComparingGenie from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with ComparingGenie are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall ComparingGenie adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on ComparingGenie program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.