Gem Grab stands for an adware currently infecting many computers in the world wide web today. According to the classification of some security applications, this adware is detected under the following signatures – Adware.Yontoo.GemGrab, Win32/BrowseFox, W32.HfsAdware, PUP.Optional.GemGrab.A, etc.
The adware is able to display a lot of unwanted advertisements marked as “Ads by Gem Grab“, “brought by Gem Grab“, “powered by Gem Grab“. These ads will be presented in the form of various advertisement banners, which will be placed in different locations. Also, you may notice another problem as a result of this adware – the issue of permanent pop-up windows originating in various parts of your screen.
Gem Grab adware, once installed successfully, will be mentioned in the list of legally installed applications. You will notice its name in the list of extensions of your browser. For example, it may be nominated as Gem Grab 2.0.5680.19957, whereas other variants are also possible.
Problems with Ads by Gem Grab occur primarily in browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Its ads pop-up no matter what sort of a website you go to – both commercial and regular ones.
On the other hand, Gem Grab adware was simply not designed to help you find the relevant information online. Its advertisement banners may essentially slow down the performance of your computer and cause serious redirection of your browsers to random pages. We insist that you should get rid of this disgusting adware from your computer as soon as you identify its presence in your system. This can be done very well if you scan the PC with a powerful antispyware called GridinSoft Trojan Killer as explained in the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Gem Grab Ads automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Ads by Gem Grab.
Step 1. Uninstalling Gem Grab from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Gem Grab are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Gem Grab adware application from your workstation. To make it possible, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Gem Grab program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your system as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any components related to this particular adware and other unwanted programs installed on your system.