Ads by Great Find are extremely misleading and quite annoying for you to observe. They cause more problems, instead of helping you as advertised. Attacking the PCs in different countries of the world, they may lead your to a lot of unsafe places through which other malicious applications might be easily installed.
Great Find adware may install its roots into all major browsers today, such as Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. You may notice special add-on (extension) added by the adware into the above-mentioned browsers. So, once you start surfing the web, you will see this adware to be implementing its evil plot. You will start facing its misleading Ad by Great Find, brought by Great Find or powered by Great Find to be shown in different sections of your screen. In addition, there may be a lot of other side effects caused by the presence of this adware in your system. Just as an example, you may see certain pop-up windows to be generated unexpectedly, leading you to a lot of unsafe places in the web.
All these problems are caused by Great Find adware in your system. When it comes to removal of these advertisements from your PC, it is obviously easier to prevent this adware from implanting into your system than to look for the information about its removal after the attack of it already took place in your PC.
So, what can be done to prevent Great Find from penetrating into your PC? First of all, please read the supporting documentation related to all free programs you’re going to install into your system. These can be EULAs (End User License Agreements) or the instructions contained in the setup wizards of free software you’re going to install into your system. If you do find the information about some additional applications to be suggested, please select the option of a custom or advanced installation. This is the place where you will be able to uncheck all these unwanted software from becoming the integral parts of your system.
Great Find adware penetrates into the PCs of those people who don’t pay enough attention while installing freeware. As a matter of fact, they often click on “Next” or “I agree” buttons, without understanding what exactly they agree with. So, this is how they permit junk software like Great Find to be installed into their computers. To get rid of this adware and to block its annoying ads effectively please follow the removal tutorial set forth below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Great Find automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Great Find.
Step 1. Uninstalling Great Find from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Great Find are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Great Find adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Great Find program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.