Metal Maker is a new quite disgusting adware. These days it attacks all major browsers in the countries where Internet is available. The purpose of this particular adware is not to help you finding what you need, but rather to bring profit to those people who stand behind its massive distribution in the world wide web. Browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the most vulnerable to the risk of bring contaminated with this particular application. The adware simply installs its own add-on (extension) into them. Plus, users will definitely notice this program to be stated in the list of legally installed applications. Most likely it will be titled as “Metal Maker 1.0.1 1.0.1”.
Once inside the PC, Metal Maker adware starts displaying all kinds of intrusive ads titled as “Ads by Metal Maker”, or simply “Metal Maker Ads”. These intrusive advertisements will mainly appear when users visit various e-commerce websites, such as Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc. However, even when going to regular websites these ads might appear too. Below is the example of how this particular adware may present itself through your infected browser:
- Displaying sudden pop-up windows (relatively small) displaying various advertised content;
- Presenting various banners in different parts of your screen on the websites you visit;
- Producing all sorts of unexpected pop-up windows of large size through your default browser infected by adware;
- Causing problems related to browser redirection to various third-party websites, which are often malicious.
Taking into consideration the above-said information, we don’t really recommend you to click on these Metal Maker Ads, no matter how tricky and pushy they are in their attempts to make you do so. It is true that in many cases these ads are even relevant to what you’ve been looking for recently. For example, if you searched for new iPhone recently for your girlfriend, you may see Ads by Metal Maker showing you iPhones sold in other places. Most often these will be some third-party websites related to this adware. When you click on these ads, the distributors of this adware get paid. However, you will not gain any single benefit from them.
Furthermore, to keep Metal Maker adware in your computer is quite dangerous. You may notice that the adware may redirect you to various third-party websites, which altogether may contaminate your PC even more with all kinds of malicious programs. Hence, to remain on the safe side, we recommend you to immediately undertake all the necessary measures to remove this disgusting program from your computer. Following this tutorial below will help you to do it both automatically and manually. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Metal Maker adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Metal Maker adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Metal Maker from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Metal Maker adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Metal Maker adware program. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Metal Maker adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Metal Maker adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Metal Maker adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Metal Maker adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Metal Maker adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Files and registry entries related to Metal Maker adware:
Related entries in Registry Editor: