SmartWeb is the program fairly classified as adware. Today it actively attacks many PCs, which are vulnerable to all sorts of viruses due to poor antimalware protection. Needless to say, SmartWeb is not the program you can trust. Quite to the contary, in fact.
SmartWeb adware is actively spread in the world wide web these days through being bundled with many free applications. Very often it is distributed by means of annoying and misleading pop-ups. You could be told about various problems supposedly detected in your computer. As a result, you might be told in such pop-ups to install some video players, or codecs, or any other misleading software whatsoever. In reality, you may install SmartWeb adware and all kinds of other totally useless programs into your PC.
SmartWeb adware mainly appears in browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Also, its ads by SmartWeb come up when users go to various commercial websites, such as Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, Bestbuy, etc. Some of such ads may even be relevant to your search queries, but this doesn’t mean that this SmartWeb adware is some good application.
The sole goal of SmartWeb is to bring profit to its owners and developers, and to those who distribute it in the world wide web. When you actually click on its annoying ads or buy anything through them, this is the time when its owners get paid. However, you will not gain any single benefit from this nasty adware in your computer.
We recommend you to immediately undertake all the necessary measures to neutralize SmartWeb adware from your browser. This can be done either automatically or manually. The guide below explains both of these removal methods. If you need any assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for SmartWeb adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed SmartWeb adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling SmartWeb adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SmartWeb adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SmartWeb adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on SmartWeb adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SmartWeb. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to SmartWeb and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.