Following this simple guide will help you to remove Astromenda Search virus from your computer. Either you prefer manual or automatic removal of malicious programs, this guide is just what you need to fix your PC and your browser in an effective way. Now, what is Astromenda Search in the first place, and why is it worse then Google?
Actually, Astromenda Search is not a virus, but it isn’t a good program either. This is a potentially unwanted program classified as a browser hijacker. It is actively spread in the world wide web today along with many other cost-free applications. You might want to install some mp3 player, or some codec, or some other software whatsoever. If it is free then it may be bundled with all kinds of extras which you definitely do not want and do not need. But the problem is that not so many users actually pay attention to what else they’re going to install into their PCs in addition to the main software of their selection. And this is how they actually allow all sorts of useless programs like Astromenda Search to enter their PCs.
Astromenda Search is a browser hijacker. It changes google.com (or other decent search engine website) into astromenda.com in the home page of your browser. By the way, this hijacker is a serious problem for browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The hijacker is implanted into the PC as a special standalone application, plus it adds certain extension (add-on) into your browser. This extension is called wse_astromenda.
We don’t recommend you to look for any information through Astromenda Search. This will be just the waste of your time. You may see some annoying ads displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser. Plus, the so-called “search results” redirected through astromenda.com may also display a lot of misleading sponsored links and ads. As a result of Astromenda Search inside of your PC the whole computer and especially your hijacked browser will work much slower. Clicking on such ads and sponsored links displayed by Astromenda Search hijacker is very dangerous. We recommend you to immediately undertake all the necessary measures that will help you to get rid of this nasty browser hijacker from your computer. Please carefully follow the uninstall guidelines set forth below. They provide you with ways of both manual and automatic removal of Astromenda Search virus. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Astromenda Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Astromenda Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Astromenda Search hijacker manually (for free):
Astromenda Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Astromenda Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Astromenda Search hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Astromenda Search trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Astromenda Search with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Astromenda Search. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Astromenda with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Astromenda Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: