Baisvik Search is a new browser hijacker that may override your existing search preferences with its own, provided that you install any software developed by Baisvik company. We are not in the position to speak positively or negatively about its programs, but the truth we know is that the installers of Baisvik software offer users by default to install Baisvik Search and make it a part of their browsers. Once this occurs, users aren’t happy with the amendments they’ve seen, and so they want to remove Baisvik Search from their affected browser. If you follow this guide you will understand the simple tips on how to get rid of it from your computer.
Baisvik Search is the pseudo search engine, which surely doesn’t furnish you with the relevant search results. Furthermore, it seems like its owners use this hijacker for their personal enrichment. For example, you could see that the search redirected through search.baisvik.com is accompanied by various Chitka Ads on the top of search results, as clear from this image below:
Baisvik Search modifies not only the search engine preferences, but the homepage of your hijacked browser as well. From the moment it is hijacked you will see isearch.baisvik.com as the starting point of your browser. And this occurs with all major browsers, by the way, if they’re affected by this hijacker.
To sum up, the software developed by Baisvik might be good and useful for some, whereas we can’t say the same thing regarding Baisvik Search browser hijacker, which acts very annoying once it attacks your computer. Following this guide will help you to remove this hijack from your browser and reset it to the default parameters. Should you require any help on our part – please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Baisvik Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Baisvik Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Direct removal video that explains removal of Baisvik Search hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Baisvik Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling programs related to Baisvik Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer (from the list below, or similar programs).
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Baisvik Search hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to Baisvik Search trojan from your PC (see the list above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related unwanted programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the unwanted program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Baisvik Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu items of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to isearch.baisvik.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Milestones to fix the Desktop shortcuts and Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by Vi View hijack:
- Right-click the Desktop icons, Quick Launch or Start Menu items or your infected browser, click “Properties“:
- In the window that comes up click the “Shortcut” tab. Make sure that the target to your browser doesn’t have any “tails” that could lead to Vi View hijack. If you see any website related to Baisvik Search, remove it. These are most common targets to all major browsers (if their installation path was initially set by default):
- After you remove all junk data from the Desktop shortcuts, Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by Baisvik Search hijack, click “Apply” and “OK” to apply all introduced amendments made by you in an attempt to fix your browser:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” – for Internet Explorer
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – for Mozilla Firefox
“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – for Google Chrome
“C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” – for Opera
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 4. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: