Better-call-tech-support753259[dot]com is a malicious website which works as a typical scam. It has the intention to scare users into thinking that their PC is horribly infected.
The domain Better-call-tech-support753259[dot]com has a lot of additional sub-domains, through which the infection may be currently distributed. Here is the example of this scary notification that you might see:
Critical programming error alert
The website you were attempting to access ahead is infected with malware.
Unknown users on your computer are attempting to install harmful software and programs which will allow them to steal or delete information. This is including but not limited to photographs, user passwords, instant messages, and credit card numbers.
We strongly advise that you dial the number for customer care at (844) 505-4087 this very moment for technical support.
It is obvious that the purpose of this scary alert is to force users into calling onto this fake technical support number (844) 505-4087. If somebody actually agrees to do that, he/she will be more scammedю Most likely users will hear people with strong Indian accent who will tell that the PC is deeply infected with malware and that there’s a need to purchase their premium services on “malware removal”.
Note that calling onto this (844) 505-4087 phone number is strongly not recommended to you. Instead, our advise is that you scan your system with GridinSoft AntiMalware, the proven malware removal tool, that will help you to identify the source of adware in your PC which causes these better-call-tech-support753259 pop-ups.
According to our personal observation, certain browsers already detect this better-call-tech-support753259 pop-up as malicious. However, this is only true for the most updated browser versions. In case you use some outdated PC with outdated browsers in it, it’s always a good idea to install a powerful security guard into it. We believe that scanning the system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer is the ideal solution to remove these pop-ups and to prevent your system from other possible infections.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate better-call-tech-support753259[dot]com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of better-call-tech-support753259[dot]com scam.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with better-call-tech-support753259[dot]com scam are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on adware program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.