Pop-ups from mpeclk.com site may easily cause a lot of troubles for users who do not realize that they’re engaged in scam campaign run by fraudsters. Typically such alerts tell users to download some sort of Media Player Update. It is true that after proceeding with such “updates” users may install some sort of Media Player. But along with that they will additionally make other junk applications as the part of their computers.
We’re more than confident that these mpeclk.com pop-ups happen in your system not as a coincidence. Most likely their appearance proves that the computer is infected with adware or at least with some other potentially unwanted application, which definitely must be deleted immediately. So, instead of actually proceeding with such misleading alert you had better undertake the measures directed at detecting and removing the adware from your computer.
It could also be that you clicked on some malicious link and these mpeclk.com pop-ups appeared. But if this is a rule that mpeclk.com alerts come up in your system on a regular basis, then obviously the computer is infected with some adware.
You probably know that many adware samples today are integrated with many free applications. So this is definitely your responsibility to be careful not to allow any concealed installation to take place in your system. Always take time to read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free programs, and you will know ahead of time about all unwanted programs suggested by default. And if you do read about them, do not hesitate to switch to the advanced or custom installation option to uncheck their default installation.
To fix the problem of permanent mpeclk.com pop-ups we recommend you to scan the system with GridinSoft Anti-Malware, remove all the infections it finds within your system (with is full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. All these important steps are set forth in the tutorial below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate mpeclk.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of mpeclk.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with mpeclk.com pop-ups are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall related adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.