Bnsearch.utop.it, also known as simply utop.it, stands for a nasty browser hijacker nowadays spread vigorously in the Internet. It is advertised using the following slogan – “utop.it – The Ultimate Web Search Tool“. Yet, when you try to look for the information through it you will soon discover that this is an absolutely useless search engine which does not furnish you with any relevant search results.
Bnsearch.utop.it or sometimes simply utop.it may be set to be displayed in the home page of your browser on its startup. This may occur after you install some free software, which additionally offers enabling this hijacker.
Technically, bnsearch.utop.it is not a virus. But definitely it is not a good application, considering the fact that it perverts your browsing preferences and causes unwanted redirections to random pages in the web.
Fixing browsers infected by hijackers is currently one of the big issues bothering active Internet surfers. They sometimes fail to be attentive and install additional programs which are not worthy dealing with. Bnsearch.utop.it is one of them.
One of the best ways to deal with adware and browser hijackers is to scan the system with proven antispyware applications, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it detects in your computer (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help as set forth in the guidelines below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate bnsearch.utop.it automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of bnsearch.utop.it.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with bnsearch.utop.it are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.