Are you experiencing the thunderstorm of Ads by Browser Guard to come up in your browser? This fact means that your computer has somehow been infected by this adware, and you need to uninstall it effectively in order to get rid of these many ads in your PC. Following this guide will help you to get rid of these ads from your system effectively.
Browser Guard ads is a very serious adware, which acts quite aggressively. For example, it is able to convert the regular words of a visited website into links. So, while you visit some website, you will see that some of its words have been highlighted with some colour (like green or blue). When you move the PC mouse towards such words, you will see these ads by Browser Guard to come up. In fact, these ads will be titled as “Click to continue> by Browser Guard”.
Alternatively, you may also see many banner ads, also brought and powered by Browser Guard adware. Again, no matter what website you actually visit, such ads will appear in it. This adware is quite smart in transforming the website layout to make it full of its annoying ads.
Furthermore, this adware is not just annoying, but even quite dangerous. It is often very misleading, since it may tell you to download and install all sorts of other absolutely useless applications, which are mainly considered as adware, browser hijackers, or briefly as potentially unwanted programs.
In case you’ve seen any of such Browser Guard ads in your computer, we recommend that you immediately scan your system with our powerful anti-malware tool as instructed below. Complete a full scan with it and remove the infections it finds (with its full version). Finally, please reset your browser as also instructed in the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Browser Guard adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed Browser Guard adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Browser Guard adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Browser Guard adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Browser Guard adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Browser Guard adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Browser Guard adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Browser Guard adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.