Browser Warden is the adware attacking Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers. As a result, you will see many advertisement banners by Browser Warden adware. Also you will face permanent pop-up windows when you visit various websites. No matter what sites you go to – either commercial or non-commercial ones – you will see these Browser Warden ads and pop-ups everywhere around the screen. By following this guide you will be able to get rid of these ads and other forms of intrusive online advertisement by Browser Warden adware.
Browser Warden adware is installed into computers through various free programs downloaded by users from various freeware download websites. You obviously need to be careful when you install them. Make sure you read the End User’ License Agreements of these free programs carefully. If you see that some other extra programs are offered for you to be installed by default, please select the option of the custom or advanced installation during the installation process. This is where you may uncheck Browser Warden adware and other useless programs from being implanted into your computer by default.
Of course, if you don’t pay much attention and just blindly click “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time without reading what you agree with, you may easily end up installing Browser Warden adware and the huge variety of other absolutely useless applications into your system. So, be extremely careful, taking into consideration our recommendations above.
Browser Warden adware not only shows its ads in your browser, but also can do many other unpleasant things. For example, it can convert some of the words of regular website you visit into links. You will see that they became highlighted, and when you move the PC mouse next to them, such Ads by Browser Warden will pop up.
The presence of Browser Warden in your browser surely makes your PC to work extremely slow. We recommend that you scan your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool like GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and reset your browser with its help. Please follow the uninstall instructions provided in the remainder of this article.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Browser Warden adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed Browser Warden adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Browser Warden adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Browser Warden adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Browser Warden adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Browser Warden adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Browser Warden. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Browser Warden and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.