Cdn.downloadcocky.com is a website engaged in spreading a lot of adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs among various PCs today. In case you’re an active Internet user you need to pay close attention to what sort of information you perceive online. Cdn.downloadcocky.com pop-up may present a lot of misleading information before you, and as a result you can make your system vulnerable to all kinds of cyber threats.
Here is the example of the faulty information presented by such pop-up windows:
Install Media Downloader in order to watch videos (required)
Such pop-up windows could appear when you attempt to download some video from unsafe resources in the world wide web. In reality, there’s absolutely no need for you to download or install any Media Downloader. Your PC already has all the necessary components for downloading and watching any legal video content.
Cdn.downloadcocky.com pop-ups with such misleading content may appear in your browser as a result of some adware to be already inside of your computer. If you’re a person who actively downloads and installs some free applications, then you need to make sure you know all the details about free programs you are going to make the part of your PC. You need to carefully read the EULAs (End User’s License Agreements) of all free applications, making sure you know in advance what other extras you will be suggested to make the part of your PC in addition to the main application of your choice.
So, if the EULAs mention some of such third-party programs, you will need to choose the option of a custom or advanced installation where you may uncheck these third-party extras from being implanted into your system by default. Users who fail to be duly attentive often end up installing a lot of junkware through such cdn.downloadcocky.com pop-ups.
To sum up, cdn.downloadcocky.com is a malicious website, through which a lot of junkware may be installed into your system. We recommend you not to trust its misleading content. Instead, follow this guide below, which will explain to you how to get rid of such pop-ups and related adware automatically or manually from your computer.
Anti-malware tool necessary for cdn.downloadcocky.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.