Connect814.com/ctrd/click is a malicious pop-up windows which may appear in your browser when your PC is infected by some adware. This particular malicious domain will not last for too long, since it will be soon replaced by some another web site, to which users will be redirected. But the fact is that there may be tons of such pop-ups leading you to various unsafe places in the Internet.
Connect814.com web page works with many adware programs, and if you have several of such pop-ups to appear in your screen on a regular basis, there is a high probability that your computer is horribly infected with certain nasty adware. Most likely it came to your PC after you installed some other free software recently.
Permanently occurrence of connect814.com pop-ups and redirection problems caused by them are definitely not good for your computer. As we said before, typically such pop-ups bring you to some doubtful places in the web, through which your system may be deeply contaminated with other malicious programs.
The very fact that connect814.com pop-ups bother yo definitely means that you have to do something to neutralize them. Otherwise, your system will work extremely slow and may even freeze from time to time, without being able to bear the burden of so many pop-ups happening all the time.
Our suggestion for removal of connect814.com pop-ups is that you thoroughly scan the PC with a proper malware removal tool called GridinSoft Anti-Malware for complex removal of all available infections from your system. What you should do is to delete the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need any extra assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate connect814.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of connect814.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with connect814.com redirect virus are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall related adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.