Coupoon Ads, also marked as “brought by Coupoon” or “Coupoon Deals” altogether cause a lot of problems for many computer users these days. This application is rightfully considered as adware, since its main purpose is to display a lot of ads, deals, pop-ups and other kinds of intrusive advertisement whenever you go online. So, in case you experience the same sort of problems right now, this guide will furnish you with the relevant information that will help you to fix it.
Coupoon Ads have been noticed to appear in all major browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Most likely they occur when users visit various e-commerce websites, such as Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, etc. Whenever you attempt to find something important, these ads will override certain sections of your screen, offering you to click on them. It is true that in some cases these ads might even be relevant to your search queries made online through these e-commerce websites. For example, if you look for a brand new bicycle, you might encounter some of these ads brought by Coupoon showing bicycles sold in other places, i.e. third-party websites related to this particular adware.
Of course, the relevance of these ads to your search queries doesn’t really mean that this adware is certain good application. Quite to the contrary, by the way. Its only mission is to make you click on its ads, and this is how the owners and distributors of this adware get paid. However, you will not gain any single benefit from this program. Most likely you will not be even able to save more money for your online shopping.
Coupoon adware is spread in the Internet today on the basis of being bundled by default with many other free applications. Users need to pay close attention as to what other free software they’re going to make the part of their computers in addition to the main applications of their choice. For this reason it is very important that users carefully read the EULAs (a.k.a. End User License Agreements) of all such free program. Sure, if these documents tell something about certain additional programs suggested to be installed into the PC by default, users need to make sure they switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is where they may uncheck all third-party applications from being installed into computers by default.
Regretfully, there are some users who actually fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation. So, they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they often end up installing a lot of useless applications into their computers. Generally, Coupoon adware can be just one of many other extras users don’t really need.
Because of this adware in your computer the entire system will work extremely slow. This is mainly because of high CPU usage caused by this adware. We recommend you to uninstall it right away. The best way to do it is to scan your system with a reliable antimalware application, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you require more assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Coupoon adware automatic removal
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Coupoon adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Coupoon program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Coupoon program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.