CrossBrowser is truly a browser, but it is the shameless copy of Google Chrome. This product of copyright infringement is actively spread in the world wide web today along with other malicious programs, mainly classified as adware. The reason why hackers want to implant this CrossBrowser into your PC is because this will increase the chance for you to keep certain adware installed in your PC. In this guide we will help you to remove CrossBrowser and all related adware from your infected computer.
Right now Google Chrome, the legitimate browser from Google Inc., is able to remove all unwanted adware and their extensions ahead of time. Even if the adware is installed into Chrome, it might disable and remove certain malicious extensions from it (those related to some specific adware). This will not be the case with CrossBrowser. It is actually designed by hackers and adware distributors to protect other adware, PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) and all sorts of junk from being removed by you. Obviously, in order to clean your PC completely you will need to thoroughly uninstall this pseudo browser and then remove all other adware and PUPs from your system.
CrossBrowser actually replaces Google Chrome browser. When you try to open Google Chrome and attempt to look for certain information you will notice that CrossBrowser has been opened instead of Chrome. It is true that this counterfeit browser will look pretty close to the legitimate one developed by Google company. By the way, we’ve seen several similar counterfeit copies of Google Chrome, such as BoBrowser. In fact, this CrossBrowser is basically the same thing.
You may trace the presence of CrossBrowser in your PC when you open the Task Manager of your computer. The key process responsible for this malware is named CrossBrowser.exe. By the way, there may be several active running processes titled exactly the same – CrossBrowser.exe. You will also see that this malicious program has been installed into your PC just like all other programs in your PC. If you open the Control Panel of your PC and check the list of legally installed software – CrossBrowser will be in the list.
This unwanted software is spread along with many other free applications downloaded by users. It is a must-do thing for all users to carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free applications they download and install into their PCs. Such documents typically clearly mention all third-party programs suggested for users to be installed into their PCs by default. So, if you read about CrossBrowser as some additional offer, make sure you deselect it from being installed into your PC by switching to the advanced or custom installation mode.
When users fail to be duly attentive they easily end up installing this CrossBrowser and all sorts of other totally useless and even malicious applications into their PCs. In order to remove them from your system we recommend you to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and reset your browser with it. In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for CrossBrowser automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall CrossBrowser program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on CrossBrowser program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall CrossBrowser program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.