Default-Search is a new browser hijacker. It comes often bundled with many free programs you decide to download after you find them online. Just as an example, if you find Sony Vegas Pro software at the Softonic website, when you download and install it you will be by default offered to make Default-Search.net as the home page of your browser, and its search engine. You could avoid this by switching to the custom installation option, yet many users fail to do it. They just don’t notice this small detail, and then click “Next” and “Agree” buttons automatically, without thinking much. So, then often end up encountering a lot of absolutely not necessary programs in their PCs. In this guide we will explain to you how to remove Default-Search browser hijacker.
Default-Search hijacker doesn’t really furnish users with any relevant search results. So, it is a very primitive search engine, which is not credible at all. Furthermore, it consumes a lot of system resources from your computer, because of displaying a lot of ads and sponsored links in the home page of your hijacked browser, or together with the redirected search results. Thus, we recommend that you remove Default-Search from your browser immediately.
In order to get rid of Default-Search you first need to uninstall Linkey software, which is yet another potentially unwanted program spread along with many other free programs. It may prevent you from uninstalling Default-Search, so first of all you should remove Linkey. Then follow the guide below that helps you understand how to clean your browser from Default-Search. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Default-Search automatic removal
Brief steps you need to make to remove Default-Search:
- Uninstall any suspicious add-ons or extensions of your browser, which could be related to Default-Search hijack (such as Linkey add-on).
- Remove Linkey from the list of installed programs (through the Control Panel of your computer.
- Scan your PC with a reliable anti-malware tool for complete cleanup of your PC from all files and registry entries related to Default-Search hijack.
- Reset your browser as instructed below.
Similar removal video:
Default-Search detailed removal instructions
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Default-Search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.