Dhx.warmmap.com is yet another domain name actively engaged in distribution of all sorts of intrusive pop-ups in your browser. These pop-ups are powered by some nasty adware, which is most probably already inside of your computer. In this guide we will help you to locate this adware infection and to effectively remove it from your computer.
Dhx.warmmap.com pop-ups are the problem for browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox mainly. You might as well get such pop-up as a result of clicking on some malicious or spam link, however, as we’ve said above, most often such pop-up windows are powered by some particular adware, which is already installed into your computer.
Dhx.warmmap.com pop-ups are very dangerous, because they may cause you to install a lot of other malicious or potentially unwanted programs into your computer. Very often these pop-ups present a lot of misleading and doubtful information. Furthermore, they may and will redirect you to a lot of third-party websites with poor reputation, which may cause you to install a lot of junkware and malware into your system.
In order to effectively eliminate such dhx.warmmap.com pop-up windows from your computer you will need to find the source of them in your PC. Go to the Control Panel of your computer and check the list of legally installed software. If you see any strange programs there you don’t know of, make sure you uninstall them immediately. Another important step is to disable and remove any suspicious add-ons (extensions) from your browser. However, this might still not be sufficient enough to completely remove all threats from your system.
For utter system cleanup we recommend you to scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is a powerful antimalware tool. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and to reset your browsers with its help (as explained in the guide below). In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary for dhx.warmmap.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.