Dnspalenville.exe is a malicious process, which is one of the key components of DNS Unlocker adware. Many active Internet surfers as per today complain a lot about various intrusive Ads by DNS Unlocker, also known as Ads by DNSUnlocker. To get rid of these ads you need to find the place where the adware is concealed in your PC.
The best way to find suspicious programs in your PC is to open the Task Manager program in your computer. Once opened, you will need to find Dnspalenville.exe or any other suspicious processes running. Finally, you may right-click on Dnspalenville.exe and select the option to open containing folder. Most likely the name of this folder will be called exactly like that – DNS Unlocker.
DNS Unlocker adware lets you uninstall it in an easy way. You may find the application called “unins000” and execute the uninstaller through it. Or you may access the Control Panel and uninstall DNS Unlocker from the list of legally installed applications in a regular way.
At the same time, in some cases even after these manual removal steps Ads by DNS Unlocker may still pop up. This is because the DNS settings of your system got changed by the adware.
In order to completely get rid of all such disgusting Ads by DNS-Unlocker you are recommended to perform system scanning of your PC with a proven antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Please follow the removal tips set forth below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate DNS Unlocker virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Ads by DNS-Unlocker.
Step 1. Uninstalling DNS Unlocker from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with DNS Unlocker Ads are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall DNSUnlocker adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on DNS Unlocker program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.