eShield Safe Search is a brand new browser hijacker. These days it may become the part of the majority of browsers when users fail to be attentive during installation of other free applications. As a result, users will see certain strange amendments with their browser, they way it operates as far as finding the information is concerned. This guide will help you to effectively remove eShield Safe Search virus from your computer.
You may, in fact, trace the presence of eShield Safe Search in your PC by a special program called eShield 22.214.171.1244 in the list of legally installed software of your PC. Obviously, the first step to remove it successfully is to uninstall this program in a common way. Yet, doing so might not be sufficient enough to completely get rid of this hijacker from your browser. You may notice that each time you open it the home page of the browser will be displayed as search.eshield.com. All your search queries you make online will therefore be permanently redirected through this domain name.
eShield Safe Web hijacker promises users to provide them with some sort of protected web search. Yet, in fact, this is an absolute nonsense. There’s nothing special in this program which would make it different from other browser hijackers. Its “anonymous browsing” as advertised is simply the way to cause users to keep this application in their PC, whereas it doesn’t bring any value for you at all.
eShield Internet Search speaks of itself as some decent search engine, however, in reality it simply steals search results from other search engines, such as Bing, Google and Yahoo, without performing any personal role in furnishing users with search results.
You may also trace eShield Safe Web by eShield Toolbar in your browser, and by a special active (running) process called TNT2User.exe (when you open the Task Manager of your computer). Without a doubt, this is not the program you need for your system, and we obviously recommend you to get rid of it immediately from your workstation.
eShield Safe Search hijacker can be effectively deleted if you carefully follow the removal instructions set forth in this tutorial provided below. You will need to download GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is a powerful antimalware tool to combat the most difficult malwares, including eShield Safe Web hijacker. Make sure you scan your PC with it and remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version). Finally, you will need to reset your browser with its help, and this will help you to get rid of search.eshield.com from the home page of it. In case you require any additional assistance on our part, please surely feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for eShield Safe Search pop-up automatic removal
Similar removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling eShield from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with eShield are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall eShield from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on eShield with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall eShield PUP (potentially unwanted program). To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on eShield with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing eShield from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of eShield from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove eShield from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to eShield and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all eShield remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with eShield.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after eShield virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.