This tutorial is dedicated to Fbdownloader Search removal from your browser, which this way or another got infected with this potentially unwanted program. As a result of this attack, search.fbdownloader.com is now set as the home page of your browser, and its default search engine. Following these instructions will help you remove search.fbdownloader.com from your computer.
Fbdownloader is the software actively distributed online these days. However, in addition to the initial software (which is granted for free), users are often suggested to install a lot of unwanted extras, such as this search through search.fbdownloader.com hijacker. This is the responsibility of user to pay attention to what exactly is offered by the setup wizard to be installed, and what are the system amendments that can be the consequences of such extra offers.
It is absolutely clear that Fbdownloader Search doesn’t really render any relevant search results. Moreover, if you have the homepage of your browser infected by Fbdownloader Search, this means that you will see a lot of annoying advertisement banners displayed there. Plus, the redirected search results will also be full of many unwanted sponsored links, which in their turn may lead you to some websites of really poor reputation, or those that are compromised by hackers.
In all cases it is a good idea to get rid of Fbdownloader Search from your browser. This problem relates mainly to major browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers might be under the attack as well. Please carefully follow this tutorial that will help you get rid of search.fbdownloader.com virus from your computer automatically. Please pay attention to the fact that it is very important to reset your browser attacked by this malware, and this particular article gives the explanation on how to do it.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Fbdownloader Search automatic removal
Similar removal video:
Fbdownloader Search detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Fbdownloader Search from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Fbdownloader Search hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Remove Fbdownloader Search software.To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Fbdownloader Search program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Fbdownloader Search program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click Fbdownloader Search with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Fbdownloader Search from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Fbdownloader Search program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this potentially unwanted program and its browser hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this malware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all malicious remnants related to Fbdownloader Search.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this potentially unwanted program.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Fbdownloader Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.