Foodkia.com browser hijacker infects Google Chrome and possibly some other browsers elaborated based on the Chromium open source project. It offers you to submit search results through Google Custom Search, yet, Google is not related to this hijacker at all. People whose computers got infected with foodkia.com try to remove it manually, however, this isn’t an easy undertaking if you do not know where the root of the hijacker is concealed.
Foodkia.com hijacker removal menu.
Negative modifications caused by foodkia.com hijacker.
Foodkia.com will cause your Google Chrome page to begin with this hijacker instead of Google Search or some other decent start page. Likewise, opening new tab in Google Chrome will automatically open foodkia.com site, no matter how many blank tabs you attempt to open. Your browser may as well permanently produce the multitude of repeated pop-ups redirecting your to other malicious places in the Internet.
Additionally, foodkia.com is also involved in the following unwanted activities:
- Enabling and displaying various advertisement banners and sponsored links by foodkia.com in various sections of hijacked browser (home page and search results page);
- Regularly tracking your browsing habits, i.e. collecting your personal and sensitive information, query data and other information which is deemed to be strictly private and confidential (performing the function of spyware);
- Transferring illegally obtained information about you and your search preferences to third parties for various illegal purposes.
Leaks through which foodkia.com hijacker infiltrate into computers.
Installer of foodkia.com hijacker is injected into Google Chrome browser through certain malicious pop-up which appears when your computer is already infected with adware. The pop-up will suggest you to download and install some strange extension, without letting you shut down the very pop-up window. If you click on “Add Extension” button as this pop-up suggests, foodkia.com hijacker will become the integral part of your browser.
Ways to avoid installation of foodkia.com virus.
Tip #1. Paying attention to minor yet important facts while dealing with free programs.
You must always pay attention while installing free applications. In many cases a freeware installer offers optional installations. Read thoroughly the information provided by the installer and be fully aware of what you agree to install. Always choose the option of custom or advanced installation and uncheck the boxes associated to anything that is not necessary for you to be installed, especially extra programs that you never intended to download and install at all. It goes without mentioning that you must not install the applications that you don’t trust. Below please find the example of custom (advanced) installation method allowing you to prevent intrusion of unwanted software:
Tip #2. Reconsider your available anti-malware (anti-virus) software.
Some people today prefer not to have any anti-virus programs at all, which would be providing at least some sort of anti-malware protection and possibly prevent intrusion of unwanted utilities. Of course, in this case it is not surprising that foodkia.com got injected. On the other hand, intrusion of this hijacker while your system is already furnished with certain anti-malware utility means that this anti-malware software failed to play its direct function of defending your system from computer viruses. It’s time to reconsider your choices in terms of the application into which you entrust the security of your Windows computer. We recommend you to switch to Plumbytes Anti-Malware for your ultimate protection. You’re strongly advised to purchase Plumbytes Anti-Malware and get your computer secured from continuous malware attacks. If you have Mac computer, we advise that you download Combo Cleaner Premium.
How to get rid of foodkia.com hijacker from your Windows or Mac browser?
This removal guide may seem to be quite complicated to you based on the number of the milestones and various must-do measures that need to be implemented. We have specifically elaborated this guide in such a manner in order for it to furnish you with clear, step-by-step and simple to grasp guidelines that anyone can refer to to get rid of foodkia.com hijacker effectively. Please implement all the milestones in the proper sequence. If you have any queries or doubt at any sorts, get in touch with us via built-in chat and we will help you additionally.
Download software recommended for removal of foodkia.com virus.
Instructions to remove foodkia.com malware from Windows computers.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button below.
- Install the software and complete scanning of your PC with it:
- At the end of scanning click on “Remove Selected“, then on “Activate Now“:
- Purchase the program, afterwards check your e-mail to obtain your license code.
- In the respective field, enter your license key, then click on “Activate“:
- With registered version of the program, delete all the infections detected by it during the scanning process.
- Relaunch your PC now.
- Repeat scanning with Plumbytes Anti-Malware (if necessary).
Instructions to prevent your Windows PC from being contaminated with foodkia.com virus and similar infections in the future:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a great asset for your computer to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other computer infections. We suggest that you buy its full registered version now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.
Detailed milestones to get rid of foodkia.com hijacker from Mac computers:
- Download Combo Cleaner by clicking on the download button below (through other available browser).
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it. Wait until the program downloads and installs required updates (mandatory step):
- After the updates are successfully installed, click on “Start Combo Scan“:
- The application will detect all malicious components related to foodkia.com and other infections. To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and to delete all detected items, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove“:
- Restart your Mac and repeat scanning.
Instructions to prevent your Mac from being contaminated with foodkia.com hijacker and similar infections in the future:
Combo Cleaner is a great tool for your Mac to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other infections. We suggest that you download Combo Cleaner now to keep your system permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.