Footimat.info is one more website engaged in distribution of many unwanted applications, such as adware, browser hijackers, and generally PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). There is a danger in all such pop-ups, since they may lead you to all sorts of third-party websites, which may infect your browser and the entire PC with huge number of infections.
This guide will help you to remove footimat.info pop-up windows and related adware from your computer. It is true that these pop-ups are powered by certain nasty adware, which is now the part of your computer. Obviously, in order to get rid of these pop-up windows you need to delete the adware causing them. These footimat.info pop-ups present a lot of misleading and faulty information, supposedly about the need to install certain Plug-in. Here is the example of what exactly this pop-up window mentions in the infected browser:
Plug-in is Recommended (Recommended)
Please install to the latest version for best performance
Footimat.info pop-ups obviously have in mind to infect your system with all sorts of other absolutely useless programs. Some of them, by the way, are fairly considered as serious computer infections. You need to stay away from clicking on these pop-ups, no matter how tricky and intrusive they are.
In order to get rid of the adware causing footimat.info pop-ups in your browser you need to scan your system with a reliable antimalware tool, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to remove all the infections it detects (with its full registered version) and to reset your browser with its help as explained below. Please share this information with your friends who might have the same problem. Let them know about the danger related to these pop-ups. If you need any further assistance on our part in removal of malware from your computer please let us know without loitering.
Anti-malware tool necessary for footimat.info pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.