Freedesktopapp.com is yet another domain name related to massive spread of all sorts of useless and even hazardous applications. Most likely the presence of these pop-up windows is caused by some nasty adware in your computer, such as CheckMeUp program as an example. The danger of these pop-ups is in their capability of infecting your browser and entire PC in general with all sorts of other malicious programs. In this guide we will help you to remove these pop-ups and related adware from your computer.
Freedesktopapp.com pop-ups present a lot of misleading information about the need to download Adobe Flash Player and to install it into your PC. You probably know that all decent Adobe Flash Player installation or updates take place through genuine websites related to Oracle company, which is the official developer of this software. This particular website freedesktopapp.com is a wrong source for performing such installations (updates).
As we’ve said above, the occurrence of freedesktopapp.com pop-ups is caused by certain nasty adware in your computer. The majority of adware today is actively spread through other free applications. If you’re a person who is active in downloading and installing freeware into your PC, make sure you always pay close attention to what other free programs you’re suggested by the installers of these free programs to make the part of your computer. If you read about any adware as some additional offer, make sure you select the option of a custom or advanced installation where you may uncheck these unwanted extras from being installed into your computer by default.
Those users who fail to pay attention to what they install may end up bringing a lot of unwanted programs like adware, browser hijackers and other totally useless programs into their PCs. One of them probably came into your PC and displays these nasty and intrusive freedesktopapp.com pop-ups. We strongly recommend you not to click on these pop-ups, no matter how tricky and intrusive they are. Instead, please undertake all the necessary measures to remove the adware from your computer. This can be done effectively if you scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antimalware tool as explained below. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browser with it. If you need more help, please feel free to contact us at any time without hesitation.
Anti-malware tool necessary for freedesktopapp.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.