Ads powered by Fun4us are closely related to another pop-up by Notification Helper. All these pop-ups are the symptoms of adware in your computer. It has been reported that Notification Helper pop-ups powered by Fun4us are actively attacking many PCs today. If you’re one of those users who is now struggling with this problem, follow this guide below which will furnish you with the relevant information to fix it.
Computer running slow?
For Tech/PC Support call free now – Available 24/7
Powered by Fun4us
Fun4us Ads and Notification Helper pop-ups become the part of your browser after you download and install some other free applications. Do you know that the majority of adware today is by default bundled with all kinds of extra programs you don’t really need? The problem is that many users actually fail to read this important information while they install freeware. They are so eager to install some free software that they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without really understanding what exactly they agree with. As a consequence, they easily permit all sorts of useless junk to become the part of their computers.
Fun4us adware is the problem for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera mainly. The adware will be mentioned in the list of legally installed applications of your computer. Furthermore, it will add a special add-on (extension) into all these above-mentioned browsers.
Fun4us adware will start displaying its ads and pop-ups as soon as you go online. You might see sudden advertisement banners that will appear just out of the blue, no matter what exact site you visit. Most likely though these ads will be especially active when users go to various e-commerce websites, such as Amazon, Ebay, Bestbuy, etc. It is true that in some cases these ads might be even relevant to what you’ve been looking for through your browser before. Yet, this fact must not make you think that this adware is some decent program. Its only mission so far is to bring earnings to those who stand behind it and distribute it in the world wide web.
Fun4us adware must be immediately deleted from your PC to speed up its performance. The adware considerably slows down the functionality of your computer and causes high CPU usage in it. Furthermore, it may redirect you to all kinds of dangerous websites which might make things even worse. To remain on the safe side, please immediately undertake all the necessary instructions set forth below to get rid of this infection from your workstation. In case you need more help, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Fun4us automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Fun4us.
Step 1. Uninstalling Fun4us from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Fun4us are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Fun4us adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Fun4us program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Technical information about Fun4us adware:
This application is categorized as adware belonging to CrossRider family. This is the exact way it is detected by the majority of antivirus applications today. The application enjoys a special standalone way to conceal its availability in the computer. To be more precise, it often installs various applications with random names into PCs and then applies Windows Tasks to launch them. Below please find the list of detected file names:
Summer Games, Trivia Games, Web Disco, Green Game, Winter Web, Compare For Fun, Miss Sunshine, Roller Coaster Park, 24Seven Savings, Helper King, Yellow Cabs, 48 Dresses, Dress4u, Fun4u, Fun4us, Kong Games, Mr Fun, Shopping Blast, etc.
Below please find the most widely used names for the processes of this adware family: