Problems with mooonly.com hijacker may occur with all widely used browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. some users might think that this is some brand new search engine, however, it is absolutely not able to provide you with relevant data which would match your search queries.
Mooonly.com hijacker plays the function of adware in your computer. It does not care at all about providing you with relevant data. You may notice annoying advertisement banners to be displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser. Also, those pseudo search results obtained through the hijacker will contain the huge number of irrelevant sponsored links leading you to many unsafe places in the Internet.
Another mission of mooonly.com is to collect the information about your browsing habits and to transfer this information to third parties for different illegal goals. In other words, the hijacker plays the function of spyware by regularly tracking your browsing information and by transferring this data to third parties.
You may also notice that mooonly.com is not the only problem with your PC. For example, your computer may function extremely slow and permanently redirect you to all sorts of other dangerous places in the web. You’re strongly advised to perform a complex scanning of your system with a proven virus removal application as explained clearly in the rest of the guide below.
Anti-malware software necessary to delete mooonly.com hijacker automatically.
Detailed automatic removal milestones:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware using the download button (above).
- Install the software and scan your system with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete mooonly.com virus. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Note! GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a free scanner to identify malware traces in your computer. This means that its 15-day free trial version is only able to detect infections and remove 2 sole malicious items from your infected PC. If the computer is deeply contaminated with viruses, you need to purchase its full version to delete them.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with mooonly.com again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.