Mysearch123 is a malware belonging to the category of browser hijackers. It is currently involved in attacking all popular browsers in many countries. It’s been noticed to be installed along with delta-homes.com hijacker, which is basically the same sort of infection. Technically speaking, both of these hijackers aren’t viruses, but they’re not safe either.
Many problems have been caused for users because of Mysearch123. What happens is when they open their browsers they see mysearch123.com to be set in the homepage. There may be several advertisement banners to be displayed below the search box of this hijacker. Likewise, when you make some queries through the search box, the pseudo search results delivered by this hijacker will be accompanied with several sponsored links leading you to various dangerous places online. These can be websites promoting various potentially unwanted programs like adware or other hijackers. In any case, it is obvious that to look for the information by means of mysearch123.com is the waste of your efforts and time.
The hijacker is distributed along with other free programs. Sometimes users fail to notice this fact while they’re in the process of installing some useful free software into their computers. So, they just click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually knowing what exactly they give their permission for. Very soon they see different strange programs, including Mysearch123.
Of course, it is much easier to avoid installation of such unwanted programs ahead of time then to look for the information about their elimination after their attack already took place. To prevent any unwanted stuff from entering your PC we recommend that you always pay attention to the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to all free applications you’re going to make the part of your computer. If you read about certain programs you don’t need (bundled with the main software), please select the option of a custom or advanced installation. At this point you will be able to uncheck all these third-party stuff and thus avoid further problems related to different junk software.
Mysearch123 penetrates into computers when users are reluctant to read these important details during software installation. As we’ve said above, users find it extremely difficult to get rid of this hijacker. This is because it is powered by certain software which prevents users from removing it easily. For this purpose you’re recommended to scan your computer with a proven antispyware program capable of detecting and removing all malicious components related to this hijacker, as well as other infections in your computer. Please follow the guide below explaining all the necessary milestones you need to make for this purpose.
Anti-malware program we recommend to get rid of Mysearch123 automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Free (manual) removal instructions:
- Access the “Program Files” directory of your PC.
- Find “MiuiTab” folder.
- Open it.
- Click on “Uninstall” and proceed with the uninstall procedure.
- Go to the list of installed programs of your computer.
- Find “mysearch123 uninstall” and uninstall it.
- Fix the Desktop icons (shortcuts) of your browser by checking their “Properties” and fixing the destination path in the “Target” field. Make sure that there’s no any junk remnants of mysearch123.com after chrome.exe”, opera.exe”, firefox.exe”, iexplore.exe”, launcher.exe”, etc. Remove this junk and click on “Apply” and “OK“.
- Change the home page of your browser back to the initial parameters.
- Restart your browser and restart your PC.