If you see SearchInMe when you open your browser this proves that your PC got infected and your browser became hijacked. The hijacker is often bundled with many other free applications you might decide to install into the system. So, in case it penetrated into your system, most likely you personally played the role in its intrusion. Nevertheless, this guide will help you to get rid of SearchInMe virus effectively.
SearchInMe changes the home page of your browser to start with searchinme.com. According to the information from Alexa site ranking, the hijacker gains more and more weight in the overall world traffic. However, this does not mean that users like it or appreciate its search results. This simply proves that hackers reinforce their efforts to distribute this hijacker more and more in the world wide web.
SearchInMe has the goal to display intrusive advertisement banners while users surf the web. Plus, the hijacker shows many sponsored links along with pseudo search results redirected through it. The hijacker is integrated with other programs which altogether make it really difficult for users to get rid of it. Obviously, to delete it completely users are required to scan their PC with a reliable anti-malware softwre.
We suggest that you remove SearchInMe virus from your browser using a proven anti-malware tool called GridinSoft Anti-Malware. It will help you to delete all the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help.
Anti-malware software necessary to delete SearchInMe automatically.
Detailed automatic removal milestones:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware using the download button (above).
- Install the software and scan your system with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete SearchInMe virus. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Note! GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a free scanner to identify malware traces in your computer. This means that its 15-day free trial version is only able to detect infections and remove 2 sole malicious items from your infected PC. If the computer is deeply contaminated with viruses, you need to purchase its full version to delete them.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with SearchInMe again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.