Wajam Ads, also known as Ads by Wajam, have been quite pushy to infect many computers recently. They pop-up in all widely used browsers today, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. Intrusion of these ads takes place when users download and install some cost-free application, which by default are bundled with Wajam installer.
Once Wajam program is successfully installed and enabled users start facing pretty many annoying and very excessive advertisement banners marked as brought by Wajam, powered by Wajam, etc. Users need to be very careful not to click on such ads, since they may be brought to many other dangerous places in the web, through which their PCs may become contaminated with many other absolutely useless and even dangerous programs.
Wajam adware additionally essentially slows down the performance of your computer. You will notice that the program consumes a lot of system resources and makes it really difficult for you to use your PC, which will operate extremely sluggish. Eventually, you may notice that your PC is freezing and you are not able to use it at all.
Our proposal is that you get rid of Wajam Ads form your PC as soon as possible. This can be done by scanning your PC with a proven anti-malware program named exactly like that – GridinSoft Anti-Malware. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds in your PC with its full registered version and to reset your browsers with its help. Doing so will also help you to protect your system from subsequent virus intrusion attempts.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Wajam adware automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Wajam Ads.
Step 1. Uninstalling Wajam from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Wajam are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall Wajam adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Wajam program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.