The pop-ups from gim.mapopti.net website are malicious and thus very dangerous. In all cases their occurrence in your browser is a result of the activity of some adware program currently installed and running in your PC. Both these gim.mapopti.net pop-ups and the adware that is in charge of them are very dangerous for your system. This is why we’ve published this guide that is supposed to help our readers to get rid of this computer infection from their PCs.
The adware program installed on your PC that causes gim.mapopti.net pop-ups most probably got into your system after you installed some other free application. There are many of such cost-free utilities today which by default offer you to install all sorts of extras. This is why you should be very careful not to allow any of such extra installations to be implemented. You must always carefully read the instructions of the setup wizards of such free programs, as well as their End User License Agreements. Always select the option of a custom installations, instead of the standard one, when dealing with such cost-free utilities. This is how you will eventually be able to deselect all unwanted installations from being implemented on your PC.
Don’t click these gim.mapopti.net pop-ups. They’re very dangerous and may lead you to a lot of other websites that may install all kinds of other potentially unwanted applications into your computer. Remember that in order to get rid of gim.mapopti.net pop-up windows from your browser you need to find the adware that causes them and to remove (uninstall) it from your system. The problem with gim.mapopti.net pop-ups is the issue for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The solution provided below is an automatic one and will help you to stop gim.mapopti.net pop-ups and remove all related adware from your system. If you have problems with your PC of any kind, please let us know.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gim.mapopti.net pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with gim.mapopti.net pop-up virus are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.