In this tutorial we will help you to understand how to get rid of Hot Finder browser hijacker from your PC. When this potentially unwanted program attacks your PC, it will set up the home page of your browser to start with hot-finder.com. This PUP is very similar to many other browser hijackers, which obviously belong to the same family of infections.
Hot Finder browser hijacker is actively spread in the world wide web together with many other free programs, which they decide to download. If you belong to the group of users who actively install some free applications from various websites, then please pay attention to what else you’re offered to install into your PC in addition to the initial software of your selection. This is how you can avoid all unwanted installations from being implemented on your computer.
Hot Finder browser hijacker is not able to render any relevant search results. The truth is that it is just used by various adware companies that get paid for redirecting your search quieries through this hijacker in order that you could see some of the sponsored ads or links, displayed together with the search results.
We are absolutely confident that Hot Finder is a junkware, which rightfully deserves to e deleted from your computer. Yet, when trying to remove it in an easy way, many users today face certain difficulties. This browser hijacker may get really deep into your PC, and all your attempts to get rid of it easily might be vain. For complete and effective removal of Hot Finder from your system we recommend you to adhere to the removal instructions provided in the rest of this article. If you need any further help on our part, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Hot Finder hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Hot Finder. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Steps for Hot Finder removal:
- Uninstall any suspicious add-ons or extensions of your browser, which could be related to Hot Finder hijack.
- Remove Hot Finder from the list of installed programs (through the Control Panel of your computer.
- Scan your PC with a reliable anti-malware tool for complete cleanup of your PC from all files and registry entries related to Hot Finder hijack.
- Reset your browser as instructed below.
Similar removal video that explains removal of Hot Finder hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Hot Finder step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling programs related to Hot Finder hijack from the Control Panel of your computer (from the list below, or similar programs).
- Hot Finder
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Hot Finder hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to Hot Finder trojan from your PC (see the list above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related unwanted programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the unwanted program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Hot Finder virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu items of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to vi-view.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Milestones to fix the Desktop shortcuts and Quick Launch and Stat menu items of your browser affected by Vi View hijack:
- Right-click the Desktop icons, Quick Launch or Start Menu items or your infected browser, click “Properties“:
- In the window that comes up click the “Shortcut” tab. Make sure that the target to your browser doesn’t have any “tails” that could lead to Vi View hijack. If you see any website related to Vi-View, remove it. These are most common targets to all major browsers (if their installation path was initially set by default):
- After you remove all junk data from the Desktop shortcuts, Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by Vi-View hijack, click “Apply” and “OK” to apply all introduced amendments made by you in an attempt to fix your browser:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” – for Internet Explorer
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – for Mozilla Firefox
“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – for Google Chrome
“C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” – for Opera
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 4. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: