Search Know 2.0.5777.20397 is a new representative of adware from the BrowseFox family. This program was designed with the intention to use the infected PC as a tool to generate income for the people who stand behind this application. Each single click you make on Ads by Search Know generates profit to those people who develop and distribute it. However, the program does not perform any good service for you personally.
Search Know as the adware from the BrowseFox clan additionally causes a lot of unwanted redirections of your browser to random web pages. This is done through sudden pop-up windows which appear out of the blue through your default browser and lead you to various dangerous places in the Internet. As a result, the computer may become even more deeply infected with all kinds of dangerous applications.
Search Know Ads may be titled as “powered by Search Know”, “brought by Search Know”, or as “Search Know Advertisements”. They may be especially active when you visit various commercial sites. Sometimes these Ads by Search Know may even display some relevant content to you. But this does not mean that the adware tries to help you find the necessary information in the Internet. Its only aim is to bring profit to those people who elaborate and spread it in the Internet.
Search Know adware makes your computer to work very slow. This is because the adware consumes a lot of system resources through permanent display of ads and pop-ups with ongoing redirections. As a result, the system may even freeze dramatically. We propose that you get rid of Ads by Search Know and this entire BrowseFox adware family by carefully scanning the system with a reliable malware removal tool called GridinSoft Anti-Malware. All the steps you need to accomplish are mentioned below. If you need any help, let us know.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Search Know 2.0.5787.36654 adware automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Search Know Ads.
Step 1. Uninstalling Search Know adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Search Know Ads are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall Search Know adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Search Know adware program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.