SearchAssist is a new adware program currently bothering many computer users today. This in particular is the problem for those of us who regularly spend time in the world wide web. As a result of this adware on your PC, you will see many of Search Assist ads popping up in your browser periodically, when you open any websites, not necessarily the commercial ones. In this guide we will explain to you how to disable these SearchAssist ads in your computer.
SearchAssist adware is actively spread in the world wide web together with many other free programs downloaded by users on a regular basis. So, when you deal with these cost-fre applications, please make sure you don’t install any unwanted extras, which are surely absolutely not necessary for you.
SearchAssist adware is the problem for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers might be under the attack as well. As a result of this adware program in your PC, you will see various regular words in a website converted into links. So, when moving the PC mouse towards these links, you will see Search Assist ads popping up. When clicked, these ads may direct you to some other third-party websites, which are sponsored links. In other words, those who own these third-party websites pay the owners of SearchAssist adware for displaying these ads in your PC (infected by Search Assist adware).
As you see, this demonstrates very well what is the real purpose of Search Assist and other adware programs. They don’t really care about making your life easier when you go online. The sole purpose of these adware programs is to earn profit to those who run and own these adware applications. And they don’t care about you at all.
Because of Search Assist adware in your computer the system functions very slow. The adware consumes a lot of system resources, and you definitely need to get rid of it in order to make your PC functioning faster. Please carefully follow the tutorial below for utter removal of SearchAssist adware program from your computer. If you need any further assistance on our part, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Search Assist adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SearchAssist advertisements are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.