The issue with newpoptab.com pop-ups definitely is the trouble for many active Internet surfers these days. People encounter tons of these pop-ups everywhere in browser and do not know how to eliminate them fully. It is definitely a good solution to remove them, since the pop-ups may eventually lead people to all kinds of dangerous places in the web.
Alerts from newpoptab.com site often come up when you go to any random web sites. Browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox are the most vulnerable ones to the risk of being infected with this trojan horse. It is important to note that these pop-ups are the evidence of some nasty adware to be the part of your PC.
Adware today is actively spread through being bundled with other free software. Users who surf the web and install free applications need to make sure that they do not permit any hidden installations to take place in their computers without their permission or approval. It is also recommended that you take time to read the guidelines of the setup wizards of any free applications you install. If you see any third-party programs you do not need, switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode immediately. This is the best way to avoid adware intrusion into your system.
So, how to get rid of newpoptab.com virus from your system? We recommend that you delete this annoying pop-up from your PC by thoroughly scanning the PC with a reliable malware removal software, such as GridinSoft Anti-Malware. You will need to delete all the infections it detects (with its full registered copy). The last but not the least, you should reset your browsers with its free built-in tool.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate newpoptab.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of newpoptab.com virus.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with newpoptab.com pop-ups are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on related program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.