Bogots.com is a nasty browser hijacker currently infecting many browsers. The attack of it is mainly directed at changing the home page settings. When you open your Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you will suddenly see bogots.com instead of google.com or any other common page previously set by you as your home page.
Bogots.com hijacker is currently integrated with the installers of certain free applications. If you are a person who prefers to install certain free software regularly or even occasionally, please remember about the importance of reading the detailed information associated to the installers of such free applications.
EULAs (also known as End User License Agreements) are those documents where third-party software installation offers are generally clearly disclosed. Also, if you simply read the step-by-step guidelines contained in the setup wizards of free software you will manage to find out ahead of time about all extra software suggested for you additionally to the main application of your selection. Your job is then to switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode where you may uncheck these third-party programs from becoming the integral parts of your computer.
These additional applications are normally installed when users neglect reading these supporting documentation. So, by clicking on “Next” or “I agree” buttons blindly they permit applications like bogots.com to easily become the part of their PCs by default.
Technically, bogots.com is not a virus, but it is definitely not a good application for your computer. Neither is it a good search engine. To look for the information through bogots.com is the waste of your time. Instead of any relevant data you will see the bunch of intrusive advertisements and sponsored links often leading you to all kinds of infected pages in the web.
To sum up, bogots.com must be immediately deleted from your computer. To make it possible we recommend that you follow this solution below explaining how to get rid of this hijacker using a powerful antispyware tool called GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. Feel free to contact us at any time of your preference if you need extra help.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate bogots.com automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of bogots.com.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with bogots.com are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.