Dregol Search problem may touch your browser. In many cases this happens after users download and install some free programs bundled with it. Most likely the attack of this infection will mainly be directed at Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. As the consequence of such attack, you will notice that the home pages of all these browsers got changed into dregol.com. Likewise, all your search queries may be permanently redirected through this very domain name. In few cases you may even notice that this hijacker installed its own Dregol Browser, which is the brutal counterfeit of Google Chrome browser. Anyway, if this is what you see in your PC right now as far as your browsing preferences are concerned, most likely you’re dealing with a serious infection in your computer. This guide will help you to fix this problem in a professional way.
Dregol Search virus comes to many PCs these days, according to our own analysis of search traffic related to this particular search query. It may be the problem wherever Internet is available. However, users can avoid its installation if they show enough carefulness while dealing with free programs. It is of utmost important that users always carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of any cost-free applications they’re going to make the part of their computers. Typically such documents clearly disclose all the necessary information regarding third-party offers suggested for users to be installed into their computers by default. Hence, if you ever read about Dregol Search or any other unwanted applications offered for your PC, make sure you immediately switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is the place where you will be able to uncheck all unwanted extras from being installed into your computer by default.
Of course, it is quite a sad thing to admit that there are many users these days who literally fail to be attentive. As a result, they simply click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time, without actually reading what they agree with. As a result, they often install all sorts of absolutely useless applications into their PCs. Some of them are fairly classified as serious computer viruses or at least PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). Then users try to remove them, but if they uninstall these initial free programs these extras will surely remain in the computer.
We’ve made this post to emphasize the importance of paying attention to all the important details while dealing with cost-free applications. Right now you probably understand that it is much easier to prevent the intrusion of Dregol Search browser hijacker, then to look for the ways of its effective removal from your computer after its intrusion already took place. The key to successful elimination of it from your PC is to uninstall any related applications from the Control Panel of your PC and to disable and remove any related add-ons (extensions) from your browser. So, please go to the list of legally installed applications of your system. If you see anything that reminds you about this hijacker, go ahead and uninstall it right away. Likewise, please access the add-ons (extensions) menu of your browser and check if there are any components related to Dregol Search there. If you see them, follow the same pattern, i.e. disable and delete them without hesitation.
If you experience problems removing Dregol Search from your PC in a regular way, you may also try to get rid of it automatically using the powerful anti-malware tool called GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You may remove all the infections it finds with its full registered version. Finally, you will need to reset your browsers with its help. This should definitely help you in utter elimination of this browser hijacker from your PC. In case you require any additional help on our part, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Dregol Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Dregol Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Dregol Search hijacker manually (for free):
Dregol Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Dregol Search from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Dregol Search are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Dregol Search, Dregol Browser and similar programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on these applications with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Dregol Search, Dregol Browser and similar programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on these programs with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Dregol Search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: