Pop-up windows coming from s.iktmmny.com website are very dangerous, since they may easily redirect your browser to all sorts of malicious places in the web. Through them, the computer may become full of other threats and dangerous applications, such as adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). Alternatively, you may be permanently brought to various useless questionnaires, surveys and other absolutely irrelevant information. In either case, s.iktmmny.com pop-ups represent serious threat for your computer.
Occurrence of s.iktmmny.com pop-up windows in your computer is explained by the presence and activity of some disgusting adware in your computer. Most obviously the adware got installed into the system through installation of other free software. This is the exact mistake some users commit. They hurry up to install some freeware, without actually understanding that the installer also recommends them to install some other junk applications, in addition to the initial software of their choice.
We again urge you about the necessity to be careful in the web and not to permit any hidden installations to take place in your computer without your consent or approval. For this goal make sure you always take time to read the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to free software you install into your PC. If you read about something else you do not need, switch to the advanced or custom installation mode immediately.
Removal of s.iktmmny.com pop-ups can be done through effective elimination of adware from your computer. We suggest that you do it automatically with the help of a proven malware removal tool, such as GridinSoft Anti-Malware. You will need to delete all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate s.iktmmny.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of s.iktmmny.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with s.iktmmny.com pop-up are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall suspicious adware programs from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on specific adware program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.