If you see that all your search queries are redirected through start-search.com, this means that your default browser (or all of your installed browsers) have been hijacked by Start-Search malware. This is a special kind of potentially unwanted programs, which is actively distributed these days through other free programs downloaded by users. As a result, the home page of your browser will start with start-search.com, and opening every new search tab will automatically disclose Start-Search, instead of the home page that was set by you initially. In this tutorial we will explain to you how to fix this problem with your browser.
The Start-Search browser hijacker has been developed by Pinwid Ltd. company engaged in development and distribution of other browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs. When you look for some information through this hijacked home page of your browser, all your search queries will be permanently redirected through algoclicks.com hijacker. And this is surely not a very pleasant experience for users. No doubt, they would like to immediately get rid of Start-Search virus, but they simply don’t know how they can do it.
For complete removal of Start-Search we recommend you to first uninstall (remove) any suspicious programs through the Control Panel of your computer, which could lead to this browser hijacker. Also, please disable any suspicious extensions or add-ons of your browser, which might be installed by this hijacker. Finally, our recommendation is that you thoroughly scan your system with a reliable anti-malware and anti-adware program for complete cleanup of all remnants, such as files and registry entries, related to Start-Search browser hijacker. Needless to mention, if you need any help on our part, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at any time for further assistance.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Start-Search automatic removal
Similar removal video:
Start-Search detailed removal instructions
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Start-Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.