OpenBrowserVersion4 by BrowserAppSPlus is a new quite annoying adware infecting the majority of browsers today, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. By the way, you will even notice this particular application to be shown in the list of legally installed software of your computer. Yet, this fact doesn’t mean that this program is worth keeping. Quite to the contrary, by the way. You’re recommended to immediately delete this software from your system, before it makes things even worse with your PC. This tutorial will help you to understand two different ways to get rid of OpenBrowserVersion4 adware off your computer.
As we’ve mentioned above, OpenBrowserVersion4 adware displays a lot of targeted Ads by OpenBrowserVersion4. Sometimes these ads are even relevant to your search queries made through your browser previously. Yet, this fact should not make you think that this program is some decent software to keep in your PC. By the way, it pursues the only goal – to bring profit to those people who stand behind its massive distribution in the world wide web. What does this mean and how do they ear this profit? Well, each time you click on these Ads by OpenBrowserVersion4 the profit is generated.
However, this adware and its pushy Ads by OpenBrowserVersion4 will not really help you to find any decent information online, or to find the best prices for goods and services in the Internet. Furthermore, due to the presence of this adware in your system the entire PC will function extremely slow. This is true even for the brand new PC which you might have recently purchased. Definitely, this programs does more harm then help for your computer.
How can a person avoid OpenBrowserVersion4 adware intrusion into the PC? Definitely, it is a good question which must be answered. Without a doubt, it is much easier prevent this program from infecting your system then to look for the ways of its removal once the attack of it already took place. You should simply be careful when you deal with free software online. Make sure you carefully read the instructions of the setup wizard related to the software you’re dealing with. If you read about some additional program as some exceptional third-party offer, make sure you skip this installation by default through switching to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is the best and so far the only way to avoid adware from implanting your system. Also, using a reliable antispyware program with real-time protection against PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) is another excellent tool to prevent adware from infecting your computer.
In order to get rid of OpenBrowserVersion4 adware and its Ads by OpenBrowserVersion4 from your system we recommend you to carefully follow the removal instructions rendered below. This automatic adware removal procedure implies scanning your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the reliable antispyware program, removal of all detected infections (with its full registered version) and resetting your browsers with its help. If you need more detailed assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time. The alternative solution to remove Ads by OpenBrowserVersion4 is to do it manually, and this method is also explained with all the milestones reviewed below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate OpenBrowserVersion4 Ads automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of OpenBrowserVersion4 malware.
Step 1. Uninstalling OpenBrowserVersion4 software from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with OpenBrowserVersion4 virus are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall OpenBrowserVersion4 program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on OpenBrowserVersion4 program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.