If you see Cassiopesa Search in your browser whenever you open it your PC is definitely in a trouble. If you look into the Control Panel of your system and check the list of legally installed software you will see Tny_Cassiopesa program installed. This means that your browser has been hijacked brutally.
The intrusion of Cassiopesa Search browser hijacker takes place today through various freeware installers which operate on the basis of bundling. We’ll try to explain what this is. “Bundling” stands for a method of promoting certain programs through integrating them with the installers of some other applications. You might decide to install certain excellent mp3 player and find the good match online. The problem is that its installer may offer you to install various additional components you definitely do not need.
The problems begin when users fail to pay due attention to the information presented in the installers of free programs. It is definitely very important to always carefully read the data presented by the setup wizards of free software. So, if you read about Cassiopesa Search or any other similar unwanted junk to be suggested for you to be made the part of your PC, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is the place where you may uncheck these extras from becoming the part of your system by default.
It is quite sad that there are some users among us who neglect reading such supporting documentation related to free programs they install. So, they simply click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons while installing some free program, without literally understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they install Cassiopesa Search and a lot of other junk software into their PCs.
To think that Cassiopesa Search will furnish you with any relevant information is obviously a mistake. This hijacker was not designed to assist users in finding what they really need. It has totally different aims. One of them is to collect the information about your browsing habits. In other words, this hijacker spies on you. Another goal of it is to display a lot of intrusive advertisements located in the home page of your browser, or together with those pseudo search results redirected through cassiopesa.com. Yet, you will not find any relevant content through searching by means of this hijacker.
Please remove Cassiopesa Search virus immediately from your system, before it contaminates your system with all kinds of other junk. If you prefer to implement the removal process manually, the procedure for performing it is quite simple. You must go to the Control Panel of your system, check the list of legally installed software and remove Tny_Cassiopesa from that list. Then you will need to change the home page of your browser back to its default parameters.
However, we also recommend you to scan your system with a reliable antispyware program to completely be assured your system is clean. This hijacker could have already implanted some other adware or PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) into your PC. Scanning your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer will help you to clean that junk (with its full registered version). In any case, if you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Cassiopesa Search automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Cassiopesa Search.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Cassiopesa Search are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Tny_Cassiopesa from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Tny_Cassiopesa with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.