Counterflix is the adware that doesn’t really care about you finding the right deals. Its only mission is to draw traffic from your computer to some websites or products advertised, and this is how its owners and developers get their earnings. It might seem that there is nothing wrong with this way of doing business, but the thing is that this isn’t really fair towards PC users. They should themselves decide what exactly they want to see on their computers. In this guide we will help you to understand what you need to do do remove Counterflix Ads from your computer.
Counterflix Ads typically gets into computers through other free programs downloaded by users at various online resources. Hence, you must always be very careful whenever you deal with any cost-free applications that you might download from various online resources. Do not allow any hidden installations to take place on your computer without your knowledge or approval. This is why you must always carefully read the End User License Agreements of such free programs, making sure you don’t allow any extras to be easily brought into your system.
Counterflix Ads come up when you visit some commercial websites, such as Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, Bestbuy, etc. This is mainly the problem for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers might be under the attack as well. In order to fix this problem and completely get rid of this annoying adware, its pop-up ads and banners from your browser, we recommend that you follow this simple adware uninstall tutorial as explained in the rest of this article. Should you have any questions regarding removal of this adware – please feel free to let us know.
Software required to get rid of Counterflix Ads automatically.
Detailed instructions to get rid of Ads by Counterflix automatically:
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button above.
- Install the tool and complete its scan of your system with it:
- Upon the end of scan click on “Fix Threats“.
- In the pop-up window click on “Register Now“, then purchase the tool to activate it:
- As soon as the software is purchased, specify your email address and password into the respective fields of the program. You will get your password to activate the application onto your email you specified during purchase of the software:
- With registered version of the program, remove all infections detected by it during the scan.
- Reboot your system now.
- Repeat scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
Manual (free) guidelines to get rid of Counterflix Ads.
Step 1. Getting rid of suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your workstation.
- Be convinced that all your browsers contaminated with Counterflix Ads are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the computer mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on suspicious adware application with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your computer.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with Ads by Counterflix again:
SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite is a great asset for your computer to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other computer infections. We suggest that you purchase its full registered version now to keep your computer permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.