Drfileny.com pop-up windows may appear in your browser on quite a regular basis. Most likely they’re caused by the presence of some nasty adware in your computer. However, if you follow their misleading instructions, the chances are that things may become even worse. You may install a lot of junk applications by means of drfileny.com pop-up alerts.
Below please find the example of the misleading information contained in these drfileny.com pop-up windows:
Video Update Recommended
Please install the Video Player (Recommended)
- Based on ffmpeg the leading Audio/Video codec library
- Supports *.FLV, *.AVI, *.MOV, *.MKV, *.SWF and more
- Super fast and user-friendly interface
- 100% Free & Safe-share it with your friends
Downloading takes a few seconds and no restart needed after installation
The purpose of drfileny.com pop-up is to make you really scared about the condition of your computer. As clear from the quotation above, you may be instructed to install some Video Player, or perform some other update in your system. In fact, there’s absolutely no need for you to download any install anything. Your system is most likely furnished with all the necessary software for video or audio playback.
Typically all adware samples today, including those spreading drfileny.com pop-up alerts, are distributed in the Internet on the basis of being bundled by default with many other free applications. Users need to be very careful as to what other extra programs they’re suggested to make the part of their PCs by default. It is always a good idea to switch to the advanced or custom installation mode during freeware installation. This is the place where you may uncheck all third-party components from being installed into your computer by default.
If your system is already stuck with adware and you don’t know how to get rid of these intrusive drfileny.com pop-ups, please follow the tutorial below explaining how to do it effectively with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antispyware application. Please follow the instructions explaining all the necessary milestones you need to implement to perform the adware removal job in a professional manner.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate drfileny.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of drfileny.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling drfileny.com pop-ups from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with drfileny.com pop-ups are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on suspicious adware with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.