Groovorio Search is a new browser hijacker. Currently it attacks browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Typically they are the most vulnerable ones to the risk of being infected with adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs. Groovorio Search as a browser hijacker is actively spread in the world wide web today along with other cost-free programs, so you definitely need to be very careful when installing anything into your system.
This guide will help you to get rid of Groovorio Search virus both automatically and manually from your computer. Note that this browser hijacker isn’t that severe, compared to other more dangerous malware kinds. However, it is truly annoying for all users to observe. The point is that Groovorio Search has the only thing in mind – to bring earnings for its owners and those who stand behind its distribution. This is why you will see a lot of annoying ads displayed in the home page of your browser hijacked by Groovorio. Plus, all your search queries will be permanently redirected through groovorio.com, which doesn’t render any relevant search results to users. So, definitely, there is no point at all for keeping Groovorio Search browser hijacker in your computer.
Right now it is quite clear that Groovorio is the program which you surely do not need. However, you need to realize that it is much better to avoid your PC from being infected with browser hijackers like Groovorio, then to look for the ways of its removal after the attack already took place successfully. Groovorio hijacker is actively spread in the world wide web along with other free programs. So, if you install any free application downloaded from online resources, make sure you carefully read its End User’s License Agreement. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. If you see any suspicious third-party software, make sure you uncheck the option of installing it by default.
To get rid of Groovorio Search virus from your browser we recommend you to follow the uninstall guidelines set forth below. This tutorial explains both automatic and manual removal of this browser hijacker. If you require any additional help on our part in the future, please get in touch with us at any time of your preference. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Groovorio Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Groovorio Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Groovorio Search hijacker manually (for free):
Groovorio Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Groovorio Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Groovorio Search hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Groovorio Search trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Groovorio Search with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Groovorio Search. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Groovorio with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Groovorio Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: