Some way or another your PC could be infected with PortalMore adware. This is the potentially unwanted program which mainly attacks many browsers today, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Without a doubt, you should be extremely careful when you surf the web today. There are many free programs these days, which are by default bundled with a lot of extras that users surely do not need. PortalMore adware is one of such extras, and in this tutorial we will help you to uninstall it from your system.
PortalMore adware is known for displaying a lot of intrusive PortalMore Hot Deals, offers and ads. You might as well see a lot of pop-up windows related to this adware. This intrusive form of online advertisement is mainly displayed when users visit various commercial websites, such as Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, etc. Some of these ads, deals and offers by PortalMore adware could be relevant to your queries you make in such online stores, but this doesn’t mean that PortalMore is a good program. Quite to the contrary, in fact.
The main purpose of PortalMore, just as of any other adware program, is to earn money for its owners and distributors. They get paid when you click those ads, offers and deals by PortalMore. However, this adware, in reality, doesn’t help you to save more funds. Furthermore, because of this unwanted program in your system the whole computer and browser will work much slower then usual, even if you have the brand new PC.
In order to avoid all sorts of unwanted programs like PortalMore from becoming a part of your PC you need to pay close attention when you install any free programs from online resources. Make sure that you do not allow to install any extras that you surely do not need. This is why it is of utmost importance for you to carefully read the End User’s License Agreements of such free programs where you will be able to find out what exactly you’re suggested by their installers to make a part of your PC and browser. If you do see such extras, then make sure you choose the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is where you will be able to deselect all such unwanted installations from being made on your computer.
Finally, in order to get rid of these PortalMore ads, offers and deals from your browser, we recommend you to follow this simple and helpful adware removal guide below. You even have an option here – to remove PortalMore adware either automatically, or manually. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you need any additional assistance on our part. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary for PortalMore adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed PortalMore adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling PortalMore adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with PortalMore adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall PortalMore adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click PortalMore adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall PortalMore adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to PortalMore adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.