PriceCongress stands for a new quite annoying adware program. These days it is often interconnected to a lot of free programs downloaded by many users. If they don’t pay enough information to the installation details of such free applications, they may end up installing PriceCongress adware and a lot of other totally useless programs. As a consequence, they may see a lot of PriceCongress Ads popping up in their browser. If you are one of those people whose PC got infected by this truly potentially unwanted program, then this guide will help you to remove it from your computer.
PriceCongress adware basically attacks browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will see a special add-on of extension of this adware in them. Furthermore, you will even see the name of this adware in the list of legally installed applications in your computer. As we’ve said already above, this program is often installed into PCs together with many other free applications. Your job is to carefully observe the details of the setup wizards of such free applications. If you see any third-party software offered for you to be installed into your computer by default, in addition to the main software of your choice, then you need to uncheck these options. It is always a good practice to carefully read the End User’s License Agreements of all free applications you install into your computer. If you read about any third-party software which is reported to be installed into your system additionally, then you need to select the “Advanced” installation option where you may deselect such third-party programs from being brought into your system.
If you don’t act as we recommend above, then you may end up facing a lot of useless programs, including PriceCongress, in your computer. To tell you the truth, this adware doesn’t really represent any value for you. Its only mission is to earn money for its owners, developers and those who stand behind its distribution. You will see a lot of ads by PriceCongress to come up when you visit various commercial websites. Some of these ads may be even relevant to your search queries. If you look for laptops in Walmart online store, you may find PriceCongress Ads showing you laptops sold in other places as well. But this doesn’t mean that you’re dealing with some good application that will help you to save more funds.
As we’ve said, the only goal of PriceCongress adware is to earn money for its owners and those who stand behind its distribution. They get paid when you click on those ads. But you will not get any single benefit because of this. You will not save more funds when you click on such ads. We do recommend that you get rid of this annoying adware as soon as you detect its presence in your computer. Because of this adware in your PC the whole system works much slower. Please follow this guide below that will help you to uninstall it effectively from your computer. Note that you may do it either automatically or manually as explained below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for PriceCongress adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed PriceCongress adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling PriceCongress adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with PriceCongress adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall PriceCongress adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on PriceCongress adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall PriceCongress adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to PriceCongress adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.