Suddenly you may face your computer to be in a trouble because of safesurfs.com in the home page of your browser. Instead of Google as your startup page you will encounter safesurfs.com.
This particular program is correctly classified as browser hijacker. This is because of the amendments introduced into the default home page and search engine settings.
Trying to find relevant data through safesurfs.com will not really provide you with any relevant search results. The purpose of this hijacker is to collect the information about your browsing habits and to translate this data to third parties. This is done in order to implant other malicious applications into your computer, mainly those classified as adware.
Safesurfs.com typically amends the Desktop shortcuts and quick launch items of all your browsers. Plus, it may be additionally bundled with some other useless and even dangerous software.
We recommend you to remove safesurfs.com hijacker from your computer by carefully scanning the system with a proven antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Anti-Malware. You will need to remove the threats it detects in your PC with its registered version and to reset your browsers with its help as demonstrated in the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate safesurfs.com automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of safesurfs.com.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with safesurfs.com are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.