The site search.jerusalem.com isn’t malicious, however, it may be misused by many free applications today. For example, when installing them you may be offered to make search.jerusalem.com as the home page of your browsers. Sometimes users fail to pay attention to such details, and this is how they actually allow all such unwanted amendments to take place in their computers.
The problem with the home page hijacked by search.jerusalem.com is the issue for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. If you would like to get rid of search.jerusalem.com from the home page, then you need to access the settings (options) menu of these browsers and change the home page parameters of them back to google.com, or any other page you like.
To look for the information through search.jerusalem.com might be good for some, whether we strongly believe that it is much better to do it through Google. Again and again, we would like to remind you how important it is for you to be careful when installing free applications today. You must always select the option of a custom or advanced installation, instead of the standard one. This is where you may uncheck all third-party programs from being implanted into your PC by default.
For automatic removal of search.jerusalem.com from your browser we recommend you to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is a powerful antimalware tool. You don’t need to buy its full version to remove search.jerusalem.com. Simply reset your affected browsers with its help as explained below. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify search.jerusalem.com hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like search.jerusalem.com. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of search.jerusalem.com hijacker manually (for free):
Search.jerusalem.com step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling search.jerusalem.com hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with search.jerusalem.com hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall search.jerusalem.com trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on search.jerusalem.com with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall search.jerusalem.com. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on search.jerusalem.com with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after search.jerusalem.com virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: